Safety & environmentally responsibility is a core value of Corex Resources Ltd., and is paramount in all our activities. Our goal is no harm to people; safe and secure workplaces; and minimal impact on the environment. We will comply with all regulatory requirements and conduct our operations in a way that will protect the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Our commitment to environment, health and safety starts at the top of our organization with management through effective leadership. We are committed to conducting business safely and while being environmentally responsible, we will strive to continually improve our policies and work practices, with an ever-changing industry which requires us to adopt and implement new ideas and standards. All Employees and Contractors have the right to refuse unsafe work and must report any health hazards, unsafe conditions or practices to supervisory staff for corrective action. We foster a commitment towards Safety and the Environment with implementation of an Environmental, Health and Safety Management System integrating our Corporate Standards throughout our organization that:
Health and Safety
- Ensures all contractors and employees are aware of and practice their health and safety responsibilities.
- Informs employees and contractors of health and safety hazards on a continual basis and provide them with the tools necessary to safely work around, or eliminate these hazards.
- Expects employees and contractors from all levels of the organization to participate in our health and safety programs.
- Ensures all contractors are committed to excellence in health and safety performance, guiding contractors in performing their tasks to our standards.
- Provides job-specific training for employees in all aspects of health and safety.
- Maintains corporate emergency preparedness with an effective Emergency Response Program.
- Strives for environmental excellence.
- Integrates environmental issues and business development.
- Expects accountability of all staff for their actions and decisions.
- Provides appropriate training for all staff.
- Evaluates compliance through auditing with appropriate, expedient follow-up.
- Manages our use of natural resources and improves energy efficiency.
- Assesses the environmental sensitivity of lands prior to development.
- Reduces the risk of spills, limit waste and minimize accidents through the encouragement of operator awareness.
- Limits physical disturbances wherever feasible.
- Maintains a commitment to improvement through regular safety meetings, procedure reviews, benchmarking, and internal audits.
- Encourages suppliers and contractors to operate with environmental consciousness.
- Integrates the concept of economic viability, environmental integrity and social equity as a whole.
- Promotes innovative thinking and implementation of ideas.
- Responds to the concerns and attitudes of the public.
- Enhances employee and public understanding of our business.
- Develops guidelines and improves operating standards through working with government, industry and other interest groups.
- Establishes dialogue with interested parties regarding issues surrounding our business and relationship with the community and our environment.